Does Anyone Know How to Go About Being a Drug/alcohol Counselor in a Treatment Center?

Question by Cyndy: Does anyone know how to go about being a drug/alcohol counselor in a treatment center?

Best answer:

Answer by lscrighton
get your associates degree in drug/alchol counseling and then apply. You will have to submit to a background/fingerprint test, and usually a UA test as well. (a lot of community colleges offer that certificate and they are cheeap too!)
good luck!

Answer by bmac
You need to go to school for that. You need a major in psychology. Then you need to do some training at a facility. Then you have to be a certified counselor. It’s a difficult job. You have to know what you are talking about (any personal experience?) and learn every trick in the book because you are going to hear it all.

Is substance abuse coverage as equal as required?
Insurance plans that cover substance abuse treatment must provide the same level of care and cost sharing as they do for other medical issues, but treatment centers say disagreement over what this means leaves many alcoholics and drug addicts without …
Read more on USA TODAY

Gateway Alcohol & Drug Treatment Centers — Gateway Treatment Centers are located throughout Illinois and the St. Louis Metro East area. Our Outpatient and Residential Drug Treatment Programs offer per…

Related Alcohol And Drug Treatment Centers Information…