What Is the Difference Between a Mental Health Counselor, Social Worker, or Psychologist?

Question by Noa Bach: What is the difference between a mental health counselor, social worker, or psychologist?
I’m not sure what I want to do. But I know I want to provide counseling to all types of people (children, teens, adults, elderly) my main goal is to help heal them so this can end up healing the Planet 🙂
Don’t want to do any type of testing. I want to help children dealing with bullying, childhood trauma, etc. Adults that need healing from abuse, self-esteem, depression, family problems, sexuality issues etc.

Best answer:

Answer by Weird.
Mental health counselor (clinical psychologist) works with people who have schizophrenia and OCD
and much more

Social Worker works with kids, teens, and adults dealing with troubled living situations and such

Psychologists go in to depth with the patient and can work in a variety of environments, they also prescribe patients when needed.

You sound like you want to be a counseling psychologist which is different from a clinical psychologist. You should look into it more.

Add your own answer in the comments!




Introductory video to our Eating Disorder program – www.turninginstitute.com This is an introductory video outlining our self-help program for those suffering from Bulimia and Binge Eating. Please visit our website www.turninginstitute.com to find out more about how our online, self help program for eating disorders works


More Eating Disorder Program Information…